Sunday, September 14, 2008

How To Develop True Love-Marriage Relationship

A bad marriage can be a result of the misunderstanding of the true meaning of love in marriage. If you desire to turn a bad marriage into a good one, you will have to understand the strong connection between love relationship and marriage.

I stumbled into a poem while reading a book recently. Jerry and Barbara Cook's understanding of love in marriage reflects extensively in this poem they wrote... and confirms the reason for the happiness they enjoy in their love-filled marriage.

Choosing To Love

I married a man I respect,
I have no need to bow and defer.
I married a man I adore and admire,
I don't need to be handed a list entitled
"How to Build His Ego"
or " The Male Need For Affirmation."
Love, worship, loyalty and trust-these are inside me.

They motivate my actions.
To reduce them to rules destroys my motivation.
I choose to serve him to enjoy him.
We choose to live together and grow together,
to stretch our capacities for love even when it hurts
and looks like conflict.

We choose to learn to know each other as real people,
as two unique individuals unlike any other two.
Our marriage is a commitment to love,
to belong to each other
to know and understand care
to share ourselves our goals, intrests, desires needs
Out of that commitment, the actions follow.

Love defines our behavior and our way of living together.
And since we fail to meet not only the demands
of standards but also the simple requirements of love,
We are forced to believe in forgiveness
...and grace.

- Jerry and Barbara Cook

If you are willing to put in some effort to eliminate your bad marriage, you should consider reading this poem 3 times a day for the next one week. Relate personally to the thoughts of the writers.

Then,identify what personal qualities you need to bring into your marriage to develop a system that will improve your love relationship with your spouse.

Just like you, I want your bad marriage fixed.Cheers.

To Make up with your spouse get this book

No comments: